Welcome to the Lifford Clonleigh Resource Centre

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Blossom’s

The shop had a very successful opening on Sunday 9th as in conjunction with our Christmas Craft Fair.

We would like to thank all members of the public for attanding and showing their support, all the local businesses who sponsored prizes, all the volunteers who are giving up their time to work in the shop and the public for all their donations.

Donations can be dropped off at the Resource Centre during opening times.

———————————————-

Lifford Clonleigh Resource Centre, under the LEADER programme has secured funding to update the existing multi-purpose recreation facility. This update is costing €115,000 and Leader are funding 75% of the amount (€87,000), with the Resource Centre making up the other  25%  (€28,000)                                                                                                         Sportslawn Ireland will be carrying out the work which will be commencing in the next few weeks and weather permitting; the work will be completed with 4 – 6 weeks. This is to include a fifa 2 rated surface which is off such a high standard that Chelsea F.C have the same surface. The existing flood lights will be enhanced, new overhead netting will be put in place along with new perimeter fencing. The car park area will also be newly tarmaced.  All the management and staff at the Resource Centre are delighted to have secured this funding and although the closure of the pitch may cause some inconvenience, we feel that the quality of the facility will compensate for this.

——————————————————————–

————————————————

LIFFORD/CLONLEIGH RESOURCE CENTRE NOTIFICATION OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2012

13/9/ 2012 

  The Lifford/Clonleigh Resource Centre will hold its Annual General Meeting on

Date: Wednesday 24th October 2012

Venue: Lifford/Clonleigh Resource Centre, Roughen Heights, Lifford

Time: 2.00p.m     

.

I wish to advise that nominations from members to the Board of Directors of the Lifford/Clonleigh Resource Centre are welcome and must be received in writing at this office not less than 7 days before the AGM date of  2012. 

The letter should be signed by the proposer and applicant giving reason why they feel they would like to become a Director of the Company and the benefits they will bring to the Company.

 ——————————————————————–

 For proposed changes to the Articles of Association for the Lifford Clonleigh Resource Centre, click on the link at top of page. 

—————————————————

Vision

Over twenty years ago, a group of twelve people drawn from Croaghan Heights, a local housing estate, came together to form what is now The Lifford Clonleigh Resource Centre.

Frustrated by neglect, lack of resources and facilities in the area, the committee were keen tro work towards making Lifford a better place in which to live.

Initially the group worked from a portakabin but soon realised that if they were to achieve their aims and objectives, more suitable premises would have to be obtained. Since this, a centre has been built for that purpose and extended twice in order to accomodate the increase in programmes, projects and activities.

The Resource Centre is now an independent Community Development Project, no longer receiving Government Core Funding. The centre is managed by a voluntary Board of Management from the local community who give their time freely to ensure that the work carried out meets the needs of the local community. Many other volunteers are involved in the various projects and programmes within the centre.

Main Activities

♦ Community Employment Scheme

♦ ABC Childcare Centre

♦Community Garden Project

♦History Links Project

♦Adult Community Education

♦ Community Newsletter

♦Lifford/Castlefinn Community Helath Forum/Primary Care Team

♦Youth Programmes/Cross Border Youth Programmes

♦”Green Exercise” Walking Group

♦”Just For Me” Mother’s Group

♦ Lifford Clonleigh Women’s Group

♦ Lifford Clonleigh Parent & Toddler Group

♦ Friday Club – Older Peoples Group

♦ 50 Plus Group

♦ Lifford Clonleigh Art Group

♦ Lifford Clonleigh Creative Writing Group